The weather is getting colder. It’s rainy. Colds and flu and rampant. How can you boost your immune system naturally? This soup had been a favorite natural remedy for years. I warn you – it is delicious and highly addictive!
Pumpkin Kale Soup
– 1 pound organic canned pumpkin (13-ounces)
– 4 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
– 3 cups raw kale
– 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed (i keep the skin on for added nutrients)
– 1 medium white onion, chopped
– 2 large carrots, chopped
– 1 large red pepper, chopped
– 2 celery, chopped
– ¾ cup fresh or frozen corn
– 1 cup edamame
– ½ teaspoon sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon pepper
– ½ teaspoon nutmeg
1. Pour the olive oil into a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic until tender.
2. Add the chicken or vegetable stock, potatoes, kale, carrots, celery, pepper, edamame and corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
3. Stir in the pumpkin, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook 5-10 minutes longer.
*Sometimes I will add the kale with the pumpkin to keep it from cooking as long.