Gluten free goodness continues with my favorite Vegan French Toast recipe and the best recipes for Gluten free brownies I have come across.
Gluten Free Vegan French Toast
Vanilla Soy Milk (or other milk)
Gluten Free Bread (works amazing with Challah too)
Fresh berries, banana or anything else you like to top french toast
Mix frozen banana in vitamix or other blender with some soymilk, adding cinnamin
You may also want to add a little vanilla if your milk is not flavored
This creates the dip for the bread. Also makes a really nice banana whip to accompany the french toast.
Put banana mixture on plate and coat the bread with mixture, both sides.
Use smart balance margarine to grease pan
Heat on low.
Add bread and cook on both sides.
Add fresh fruit or other garnish.
Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe
5 ounces high quality dark chocolate
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons organic light brown sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 organic free-range eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla*
Dark chocolate chips for the top, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom.
2. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, gently stirring. (Or melt in a microwave safe measuring cup and stir together to combine.)
3. In a mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, almond meal, brown rice flour, fine sea salt and baking soda. Make a well in the center and add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract and melted dark chocolate mixture. Beat on low-medium for two minutes, until the batter begins to come together. At first it will seem thin, like cake batter, but keep beating until it thickens and becomes smooth and glossy.
4. Even out the batter with a spatula. Sprinkle the top with some dark chocolate chips and press in slightly.
5. Bake in the center of a preheated 350 degree F oven for 32 to 35 minutes, or until the brownies are set. The top will crack, like a flourless chocolate cake.
6. Cool on a wire rack; and remove the cooled brownies from the pan by gripping the foil edges and lifting the brownies out as a whole.
7. Chill for an hour before cutting. (Though warm and gooey is really divine, if you don’t mind them falling apart.)
Yield: 12-16 servings
*For chocolate-mint brownies use 1 teaspoon peppermint extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
More great recipes on the way…